Nantucket Island, located just off the Massachusetts coast, is a wonderful destination for anyone who wants to experience island life. Although the island is small, it offers so much that you will be tempted to stay longer. For a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation, check out our top Nantucket spots.
Nantucket offers everything you need, whether you like to explore the beaches or shop at galleries and shops. You will be pleased with the wide range of Nantucket accommodations.
- Sconset Bluff Walk The Sconset Bluff Walk is not described in words. You can see the Atlantic from your perch on the towering bluffs. You’ll find paths that lead down to the water and be surrounded by nature along the way. You never know what you might find. Take your time and explore.
- The Harbor – Spend the day at Nantucket Island’s harbor. The marina is bustling and has over 200 slips that can accommodate vessels of all sizes. The harbor is just a short walk away, and there are many shops and restaurants along the cobblestone streets. If you wish to explore more, rent bikes.
- Whaling Museum – The Whaling Museum is open daily between May and December. The Whaling Museum will answer all your questions if you have ever wondered about Nantucket Island in the 18th century. The island’s past is captured in paintings throughout the galleries. The collections include sculptures, artifacts and a jaw from a whale.
- The Lighthouses – Nantucket Island is full of lighthouses. Brant Point Lighthouse offers spectacular views of sunrise and sunset. It is easy to reach. Great Point Lighthouse is a little more difficult to reach but well worth the effort. To reach this lighthouse, tourists often rent vehicles made of sand. The Sankaty Lighthouse is located on the island’s east shore.
- Coskata Coatue Wildlife Refuge – The Coskata Coatue Wildlife Refuge is located on the northeast coast of Nantucket. This rugged refuge area is home to coastal forests, sand dune, salt marshes, and sand dune. It’s easy for you to spend a whole day here.
You’ll find the right accommodation for you in Nantucket, from small beach houses to large resorts. Check Reservations.com for help booking your stay. Reservations.com offers personalized travel planning for all travellers and redefines the travel booking experience.